Alber BDS-40 Battery Monitoring System
Battery monitoring system that mounts to the top of a UPS battery cabinet and monitors 12 and 16 volt sealed batteries. The easy-to-use system tracks internal resistance, predicting and reporting failing conditions prior to complete failure to allow proactive replacement.
Alb?r BDS-40 battery monitoring system mounts to the top of a UPS battery cabinet and monitors 12V and 16V?sealed batteries. The easy-to-use UPS monitoring system tracks internal resistance, predicting and reporting failing conditions prior to complete failure to allow proactive replacement.
Designed and optimized for UPS systems using 12 and 16 volt sealed batteries, the Alb?r BDS-40 is designed to be mounted on top of the data center battery cabinet and uses custom cables with each connection point identified to the specific battery. Each Alb?r BDS-40 unit will monitor all the batteries in one cabinet, up to forty (40) cells.
Two different units are available: The BDS-40 Base Unit is the central point where UPS-supplied power and communication connections are made. Each additional battery cabinet in the system may then use a BDS-40 Plus Unit, which transfers the data to the Base Unit for alarm and data storage. Each Base Unit can manage up to five Plus Units for a total of six battery cabinets.
- Scans all pertinent battery parameters
- Performs a scheduled resistance test and stores results for trending
- Auto detects discharges and stores data for playback
- Signals if a parameter is outside user-programmed limits
- Communicates with an external computer using USB, modem, RS-232 or LAN (RJ-45)
- Network compatible
- Windows-based software for real-time viewing, automatic data collection, data analysis, and report generating.
- Integral Ethernet network card and/or a dial-up modem as standard.
- Remote notification to third party systems via Modbus and networks.
- Scans pertinent battery parameters every 4 seconds, including total voltage, cell voltage, current and temperature.
- Automatic proactive internal DC resistance tests.
- Discharges are automatically detected and data saved for retrieval.
- Trend analysis provides the ability to analyze performance and aid in trouble shooting.
Lowest Total Cost of Ownership:
- Each system comes complete with the necessary custom length cables to monitor your battery (battery cabinets only).
- Optimizes useful battery life — Instead of waiting for an inevitable failure or replacing batteries prematurely to prevent problems, you can continue to utilize your batteries longer and with confidence by knowing their true internal condition.
Ideally Suited For:
- Liebert UPS external battery cabinets
- Liebert NXL
- Liebert NX
- Liebert APM
- UPS battery cabinets using 12V?and 16V sealed batteries