EnerSys offers a complete line of standard and seismic racks designed and built exclusively for EnerSys standby power batteries. As a result, EnerSys is able to provide complete battery systems and ensure that every system meets the specifications listed below.
Cell restraint equipment is offered for standard racks to provide shock protection.
Seismic racks are designed to meet the Uniform Building Code (UBC) or Bellcore Network Equipment-Building System (NEBS) requirements.
All shock protected and seismic racks are supplied with anti-static foam spacers and cell clamps to minimize cell damage caused by an earthquake. For additional protection, all racks can be installed with an EnerSys Spill Containment System designed to contain and neutralize electrolyte in the event of a spill.
EnerSys flooded battery racks are categorized by application and there are three main types:
- IEEE 693 racks are designed to meet the seismic requirements for substations.
- NEBS racks are designed for the Telecom industry where Bellcore NEBS certification is required. These racks have 3 painted support rails per tier.
- UBC racks are designed to meet the requirements of the Universal Building Code. These racks can be used for any type of flooded battery application, e.g. Telecom, Switchgear and UPS.
- Frames ? Steel members finished with gray polyester powder coating
- Rails ? Galvanized steel channels or steel channels finished with gray polyester powder coating
- Rail Insulation ? Plastic channel fastened with double-sided adhesive tape
- Hardware ? Zinc-plated steel, RoHS compliant
- Cell Spacers ? Anti-static foam (shock?protected and seismic racks only)
- Cell Clamps ? Steel brackets finished with gray polyester powder coating and steel rods covered with plastic sheathing (seismic racks only)